Saturday, May 24, 2008

Living Water

Dear Friend,

I was thinking about all of the things you have been up to lately. I’ve seen you talking with your friends, going out to the movies, watching TV, and spending time on the internet. These are all fun things that you enjoy doing, yet it seems like there is always something missing. When you close your eyes at night I can hear your heart moaning. I see emptiness in your eyes that you can never seem to fill. What is this thirst that you have so much trouble quenching?

I want to tell you a story about a woman I once met while I was walking this Earth. I met her one day in a small village. I was sitting by a well and she came to the well to get some water. After talking with her briefly I told her I knew who she was. I told her that I knew she had been through five husbands and was now with a man that was not her husband. She had been trying to fill that emptiness in her heart with the love of men. I told her that I could fill her with a love, a living water, which would never let her thirst for love again. After hearing this she knew me.

You may call me by many different names, but do you really know me? Today I want you to know me as Living Water. I am the only one who can give you something that will no longer let you thirst. I can give you love that is sufficient and will let your heart smile when you try to sleep. I can give you hope that will make your eyes shine with joy. It does not matter what you use to fill that void inside you, unless you ask me for my living water, you will always be thirsty for more.

Love,
Jesus

No comments: