Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm Here

Dear Friend,

I know is it very late, and I’m sure you have been waiting all day for me. Did you think I would not come today? I will always come. You can depend on me more than you can depend on anything you’ve ever known. Your friends will not always be there. Your family will not always be there. One day the very life that holds you will not be there, but I am and will always be there.

I know that your world is one built around plans. You must plan for school, plan for college, plan for a career, plan for a spouse, plan for children, plan for pets, plan for school for your children, plan for your retirement. Your life is built around your plans, and sometimes it seems like they will never get done. My father has plans for you as well. His plans are marvelous, wonderful plans that you cannot even begin to understand. There is nothing wrong with making your own plans, but remember that my Father has made you for a purpose and if your plans do not go according to His plans you may end up confused sometimes. Plan for the unexpected, plan to be surprised, plan to change your plans, because my Father’s plans will be done.

You may have planned to read this letter in the morning. You may have planned to read it this afternoon. This letter was meant for you to be read exactly when you are reading it. I wrote you only moments before this day was up, but I was there watching you all day long. I come when you call. Did you call me? Am I late, or am I just on time? Only God knows. Do not worry, no matter how long it seems you’ll have to wait for something, I will come.

Love,
Jesus

No comments: