Monday, May 26, 2008

Just Be

Dear Beloved,

I am so glad that I was able to reach you. You have been so busy I’m surprised that you were able to take some time out to read this letter. What are you so busy with these days? I’ve seen you running constantly. It’s no wonder you get so burnt out all the time. It seems like there is always something new that needs to be done; go to work, go to the store, wash the car, go to the movies, go out to eat, pick up your friend, drive across town, go bowling, go to the coffee shop. There is so much going I sometimes can’t keep up with you.

I wonder if some of your stress comes from constantly moving. It’s no wonder you have such a hard time finding time to meet with me. If you could only be still, if you could just wait, I could come to you. Since you are constantly on the go I think I would be willing to come to you for a change if you could stay still just for a while. Could you not wait one hour for me?

I have a friend, like you, who made a very good and simple point. He said that God created human beings, not human doings. I think he was so very right. My father did not create you to do, but just to be. Be kind, be helpful, be mindful, be thankful, and most importantly be love and be loved.

You have become so concerned with filling your schedule with so many activities, because you are afraid of being still. Do not be afraid, because in the quiet and in the stillness I am there.

Love,
Jesus

No comments: