Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Giver

Dear Friend,

How are you feeling today? Is the weather ok for you? Is there anything you’d like me to do for you? I know it seems silly sometimes to ask questions in a letter, but I know you’ll get back to me on them eventually. I just worry about you a lot. I know you can take care of yourself and you are a smart person, but there will be times when you will need help. I just want to let you know that I think about you constantly and want you to come to me when you are in need.

I noticed your car was getting kind of dirty again. You never were one to wash your car all that often. I heard you thinking about how you should probably clean it soon and watched you frown at how much you hate doing it. So, I hope you don’t mind, but I took the liberty of washing it for you last night. Maybe you heard the rain. Oh, and you can turn off your A/C today because I sent some clouds to keep it a little cooler for you. You see, I do look out for you even when you don’t realize it.

I’m with you more often than you think. I have messengers everywhere that inform me of your joys and concerns. Do me a favor and the next time you pass that person on the street begging for money give something to them. In fact, if anyone asks you for help I hope you won’t hesitate, because when you ask for help I don’t think twice about it.

The reason I am writing you these letters is so that you may begin to know me better. I am a giver. When anyone asks for my help it will be given freely and without an expectation of anything in return. Those people who come to you and ask for your help are my friends just as you are my friend. Please don’t turn your back on them.

Love your friend,
Jesus

No comments: